2023 Annual Groundhog AuctionJanuary 29 - February 5
D200 Education Foundation Groundhog Auction will take place January 29-February 5. This is a Virtual Event.
The Woodstock Education Foundation proudly presents the 2023 Annual Groundhog Silent Auction/Reverse Raffle Fundraiser as a Virtual Event with a wide variety of certificates for local businesses and restaurants, novelty baskets, sporting and cultural events and other unique items available for viewing and bidding from the convenience of your home.
Ways to attend:
- Participate in the Online Auction (Live January 29 to February 5 at 3:00pm)
- Purchase a reverse raffle ticket - $100
- Make an individual donation
- Purchase a virtual table - $500
Other ways to support the Event:
Donate an item to our Silent Auction
Become a Sponsor:
- Bronze Sponsorship - $100 - $500: Receive an advertisement in our virtual program and foundation website
- Silver Sponsorship - $1,000: Receive an advertisement in the virtual auction and be listed on the online event banner
- Gold Sponsorship - $2,500: Receive a full page advertisement in our virtual program, two advertisements in the virtual auction, and be listed on the online event banner
- Platinum Sponsorship - $5,000: Receive a full virtual table, multiple advertisements in the virtual auction, be listed on the online event banner, and acknowledgement as a Platinum Sponsor in 2022 promotions.
Please join us in our fundraising efforts to support special projects and activities to enhance the educational programs for our Woodstock Community Unit School District 200 students.
Your participation is appreciated.
Silent Auction Registration is Now Open!
Silent Auction participants are encouraged to pre-register for the event utilizing the information cited below.
SILENT AUCTION GENERAL INFORMATION
Silent Auction Website Access :
- Keyword Access: groundhog2023
- Campaign Text Number: 76278
- Silent Auction Bidding Access Begins: Saturday, Jan 29, 2023 at 6:00 p.m.
- Silent Auction Bidding Closes: Sunday, Feb 5, 2023 at 3:00 p.m.
TO REGISTER FOR SILENT AUCTION BIDDING:
To register by text:
- Text our campaign key word (groundhog2023) to 76278.
- Follow the prompts from the texts received.
To register by desktop or tablet:
- Visit our Silent Auction website at: https://groundhog2023.givesmart.com
- Click Register to participate.
- Enter the required information to become a Silent Auction participant.
- Click Create My GiveSmart Account to finalize the process.
Thank You to our 2022 DonorsPlease thank all of these individuals and businesses for supporting our local schools! Thank them personally and by purchasing their goods and services often.
It is never too late to donate.
Our Generous Donors:
Ambrosia Euro American Patisserie
Apple Creek Flowers, Woodstock
Associated Electrical Contractors
Aurora University Woodstock Center
BMO Harris Bank
Boulder Ridge Country Club
Bull Valley Golf Club
Chop Suey Hut, Woodstock
Craig Krandel, Attorney at Law
Craig Woods Golf Course, Chris Neuhart
Creekside Middle School
Dean Street Elementary School
District 200 Administrative Cabinet
District 200 Board of Education
D200 Education Foundation Board
Expressly Leslie Vegetarian Specialties
Family Health Partnership
Gewalt Hamilton Associates Inc.
Glassworks by Kim Brix
Greenwood Elementary School
Hattie & Myrt, Woodstock
Heritage Title Company
Hodges Loizzi Eisenhammer Rodick & Kohn LLP
Holzlager Brewing Company
Horton Group, David O'hara
Kitchen Outfitters, Crystal Lake
Luster Leaf Products - Larry Holbein
Marengo Vision Center, Mike Thomas
Marian and Jerry Michaels
Mary Endres Elementary School
Material Things Artisan Market
My Little Bow Peep Shop
Northwood Middle School
Olson Elementary School
Papa Murphy's Pizza Woodstock
Paul Houle, Artist
Prairiewood Elementary School
Public House Woodstock
Queen Nails Crystal Lake
Read Between the Lynes - Arlene Lynes
Ric Larson, Artist
Rosati's Pizza Woodstock
Steve Miller, D200 Buildings and Grounds
Steve and Josie Rochell
Studio D Jewelers
Sunshine in a Jar
The Back Drop
The Book Vine for Children
The Food Shed
The Yoga Lounge, Woodstock
Total Systems Roofing, Inc.
Verda Dierzen Early Learning Center
Vicky Long Backroad Photography
Westwood Elementary School
Woodstock Country Club
Woodstock Farmers Market
Woodstock Fire/Rescue District
Woodstock High School
Woodstock North High School
Woodstock Opera House
Woodstock Police Department
Woodstock Recreation Department
Woodstock Veterinary Clinic, Chuck Carmichael
Many Woodstock residents explain our hometown to people they meet with the question, “Have you ever seen the movie “Groundhog Day””? The film, of course, was shot in Woodstock in 1992. What you may not know is that Columbia Pictures and the producers of the film made a donation that resulted in the formation of the District 200 Education Foundation. The film group donated hundreds of props and valuable items used in and on the film to District 200. A group of citizens formed the District 200 Education Foundation, and auctioned the donated items resulting in a nest egg that has been used to fund programs to benefit thousands of our students for more than 25 years.
Each year the Foundation holds a major fundraiser on or around Groundhog Day, and in the fall distributes the funds to support projects as requested by District 200 staff members. Annually we support D200 staff and programs through D200 Education Foundation Impact Grants that allow for expanded programming and enhanced educational experiences for district students.