2024 Annual Groundhog AuctionJanuary 28 - February 4
D200 Education Foundation Groundhog Auction will take place January 28-February 4. This is a Virtual Event.
The Woodstock Education Foundation proudly presents the 2024 Annual Groundhog Silent Auction/Reverse Raffle Fundraiser as a Virtual Event with a wide variety of certificates for local businesses and restaurants, novelty baskets, sporting and cultural events and other unique items available for viewing and bidding from the convenience of your home.
Ways to attend:
- Participate in the Online Auction (Live January 28 to February 4 at 3:00pm)
- Purchase a reverse raffle ticket - $100
- Make an individual donation
- Purchase a virtual table - $500
Other ways to support the Event:
Donate an item to our Silent Auction
Become a Sponsor:
- Platinum Sponsorship - $5,000: Receive a full virtual table, multiple advertisements in the virtual auction, be listed on the online event banner, and acknowledgement as a Platinum Sponsor in 2024 promotions.
- Gold Sponsorship - $2,500: Receive a full page advertisement in our virtual program, two advertisements in the virtual auction, and be listed on the online event banner
- Silver Sponsorship - $1,000: Receive an advertisement in the virtual auction and be listed on the online event banner
Please join us in our fundraising efforts to support special projects and activities to enhance the educational programs for our Woodstock Community Unit School District 200 students.
Your participation is appreciated.
Silent Auction Closed
- Keyword Access: groundhog2023
- Campaign Text Number: 76278
- Silent Auction Bidding Access Begins: Saturday, Jan 29, 2023 at 6:00 p.m.
- Silent Auction Bidding Closes: Sunday, Feb 5, 2023 at 3:00 p.m.
TO REGISTER FOR SILENT AUCTION BIDDING:
To register by text:
- Text our campaign key word (groundhog2023) to 76278.
- Follow the prompts from the texts received.
To register by desktop or tablet:
- Visit our Silent Auction website at: https://groundhog2023.givesmart.com
- Click Register to participate.
- Enter the required information to become a Silent Auction participant.
- Click Create My GiveSmart Account to finalize the process.
Many Woodstock residents explain our hometown to people they meet with the question, “Have you ever seen the movie “Groundhog Day””? The film, of course, was shot in Woodstock in 1992. What you may not know is that Columbia Pictures and the producers of the film made a donation that resulted in the formation of the District 200 Education Foundation. The film group donated hundreds of props and valuable items used in and on the film to District 200. A group of citizens formed the District 200 Education Foundation, and auctioned the donated items resulting in a nest egg that has been used to fund programs to benefit thousands of our students for more than 25 years.
Each year the Foundation holds a major fundraiser on or around Groundhog Day, and in the fall distributes the funds to support projects as requested by District 200 staff members. Annually we support D200 staff and programs through D200 Education Foundation Impact Grants that allow for expanded programming and enhanced educational experiences for district students.